Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /var/www/archive/wp-content/themes/vei/page.php on line 26
2018 National Teachers Conference
The National Teachers Conference is the best way for new and returning VEI teachers and school administrators to get ready for the upcoming school year. The 2018 National Teachers Conference will be held July 9-12, 2018 at Long Island University Post Campus and will include four days of collaborative professional development, including workshops, presentations, networking, special events, and tours of LIU Post’s campus.
2018 Conference Booklet
Please review the following details about your National Teachers Conference experience.
- Shuttle Schedule for Arrivals & Departures
- Shuttle Schedule from Fox Hollow Inn to LIU Campus
- On Arrival at LIU Post
- Meals & Entertainment
- Notes for the Week
- Conference Program and Resources
- Billing Details
- Contact Information
Registration and Check-In
- Breakfast and check-in will take place at 8:00 AM in the Humanities Building. You will receive your name badge and conference program outlining session times and room numbers upon registration.
- The program will begin PROMPTLY at 8:30 AM.
- Please print your ticket pass or plan to pull up the PDF on a mobile device in order to check-in at the conference quickly. Search your email for “Your Tickets for 2018 National Teachers Conference” to find your ticket(s) which you would’ve received from EventBrite, email@example.com. Please see below for a SAMPLE conference pass.
- Please hold onto your badges throughout the week of the conference! We will be scanning your badges at the beginning of the conference every morning.
- Registration for the conference is now CLOSED. If you would like to attend the conference, please contact Susan Chan, National Events Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shuttle Schedule for Arrivals & Departures
When arriving into your airport, there will be VE staff members on site with signs to greet you and assist you with the shuttle. When departing, please allot 1.5 – 2 hours of travel time to the airport during rush hour.
|Date||Airport||Flights||Shuttle Time||Shuttle Time||Shuttle Time||Shuttle Time|
|JFK||Arrivals||12:00 PM||3:00 PM||6:00 PM||9:00 PM|
|LaGuardia||Arrivals||12:00 PM||3:00 PM||6:00 PM||9:00 PM|
|JFK||Departures||12:00 PM||4:00 PM|
|LaGuardia||Departures||12:00 PM||4:00 PM|
|JFK||Departures||6:30 AM||9:30 AM||12:30 PM|
|LaGuardia||Departures||6:30 AM||9:30 AM||12:30 PM|
Shuttle Schedule from Fox Hollow Inn to LIU Campus
During the week of the conference, LIU has arranged for a shuttle bus to take participants from the Fox Hollow Inn to LIU campus. The shuttle bus will leave promptly at the following times. Anyone who misses the shuttle will be responsible for getting to the campus on their own.
- Monday, July 9: 7:30 AM
- Tuesday, July 10: 7:30 AM
- Wednesday, July 11: 6:30 AM
- Thursday, July 12: 7:30 AM
- If you are leaving on this day, please bring your luggage and belongings with you to campus. There will not be any shuttle service back to the hotel on this day.
- Friday, July 13
- There will not be a shuttle bus to take participants to campus Friday morning. If you would like to take the airport shuttle, provided by LIU on this day, you must make your own travel arrangements to LIU campus.
Teachers have the option of staying in the LIU dorms at no additional cost or at the Fox Hollow Inn at your own expense.
- Teachers will be staying in the South Residential Complex for the week (air-conditioned!).
- Each teacher will be assigned their own room in a suite with a shared bathroom.
- Residence Life staff will be present on Sunday afternoon and evening for teachers to check-in.
- Basic linens, pillows, and towels will be provided. However, you may bring any items that will make you more comfortable.
- You will be responsible for bringing soap, shampoo, and other toiletries.
- Please be aware that these are dorm facilities that do not have the same features and amenities as a hotel. Please plan accordingly.
- Teachers have the option of staying at the Fox Hollow Inn. Rates are $159/night plus taxes.
- The cut-off date to book rooms is June 6th.
- When making reservations, please call 800-291-8090 and refer to the “VEI/LIU” room block.
- Shuttles are provided by the hotel to and from campus and surrounding areas.
On Arrival at LIU Post
- When you are dropped off by bus, you will be greeted by LIU staff and given a welcome package and campus map (click here).
- If you are driving, you may park at the lot nearest the South Residence Complex (buildings 54 & 55). You will not need any specific parking passes.
- Travel directions to the campus can be found here: http://www.liu.edu/CWPost/Campus-Life/Campus-map
- If you have any questions, or need help, during your travel on Sunday please call Public Safety at 516-299-2222. A Public Safety officer will connect to you the LIU staff.
Meals & Entertainment
- A light breakfast and full lunch will be provided Monday through Thursday.
- Dinner will be provided on Monday and Wednesday. Tuesday and Thursday will be on your own.
- The Hillwood Cafe will be open throughout the week for you to purchase food and beverage.
- Special Dietary Restrictions: The LIU catering staff is trying to plan for any special dietary restrictions.
- Please complete the following form ONLY if you have special dietary restrictions: Dietary Request Form.
- The LIU staff has scheduled daily evening shuttles to area activities and attractions. Shuttles schedule will be available at check-in Monday morning.
Conference Program and Resources
- Check-in will take place on Monday morning from 8:00 – 9:00 AM in the Humanities Building (building 21 on the map). You will receive your name badge and conference program outlining session times and room numbers upon registration.
- Resources will be available to view and download throughout the week at https://veinternational.org/conference/.
- Join the VE Coordinators Slack Channel: https://vecoordinators.slack.com/. Email Tyler Fugazzie at email@example.com if you need an invite.
- We will be sending professional development certification to all attendees immediately following the conference. You can use this digitally and/or by print to share with administrators for proof of participation.
Notes for the Week
- Attire: Attendees should plan to dress in business casual attire.
- Bring Your Own Device: The conference will be BYOD “bring your own device”
- Internet Connectivity: Wireless internet will be available for all participants throughout the week.
- Announcements & Updates: We will be using Remind to send SMS text message updates to participants throughout the week. If you don’t wish to receive these messages, please contact Susan Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photo Consent Form: We will be taking photos and videos during the conference so please submit this Photo Consent Form to provide VEI with permission to include you in communications materials following the conference.
As a reminder, there are no additional costs for participating in this training. EventBrite lists your pass as “free” because registration fees are included in the school’s Program Participation Fees for the 2018-19 school year.
Please contact us immediately in the event of any issues or major concerns. Susan Chan, National Events Manager, email@example.com.